White Ribbon is a community owned and driven social movement that understands men are central to achieving the social change necessary to prevent men’s violence against women. White Ribbon values and depends on the participation of the community in getting the word out and helping drive much needed change. White Ribbon communities are groups and organizations championing White Ribbon’s message to stop the violence before it starts. They help implement White Ribbon initiatives across their networks by ensuring their group’s or organization’s activities reflect a gender equal environment. Further, White Ribbon supports them to stand up, speak out and act to prevent men’s violence against women.
Each community group or organization is unique and diverse so a strengths based approach is adopted to support White Ribbon activities and programs. Every community partner we work with:
- acknowledges that men’s violence against women is a serious and prevalent issue
- shares our vision and goals
- participates in a one year minimum community partnership action plan
- sees an active role in creating change across their community to end men’s violence against women
- Participates in community activities and events to raise awareness and start